When it comes to cancer treatment, our veterinary oncologist, Dr Ruppel treats pets from across Marin, San Francisco, Sonoma, Napa, and the surrounding bay area. She is committed to crafting personalized treatment plans that are designed to mitigate the impact of the disease on your pet’s life, with the ultimate goal of extending and enhancing their quality of life.
Oncology consultations start with a comprehensive evaluation of your pet. Results from this examination will guide our recommendations as we discuss the options for treatment. These options may include chemotherapy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, surgery, or a combination of these methods. As cancer treatments continue to advance with new information and technology, our team works to provide up-to-date knowledge, treatment plans and access to available clinical trials. Every patient is unique, and we provide you with a range of therapies that best meet your needs and the specific needs of your pet.
At Golden Gate Veterinary Specialists, we also offer a comprehensive suite of advanced diagnostic and therapeutic procedures through our veterinary oncology department, including:
- A caring and compassionate team approach
- State-of-the-art diagnostic imaging including x-rays, ultrasound and computed tomography (CT scan) by board-certified radiologist
- Thorough Comprehensive Laboratory Testing (blood, urine, cultures, etc.)
- Aspirates and biopsies to help determine extent of disease or obtain a more definitive diagnosis
- Registered veterinary technicians specifically trained and experienced with the administration of chemotherapy
- Intravenous, intralesional and intracavitary chemotherapy administration
- Melanoma vaccine and other immunotherapy treatments
- Palliative care and pain management
- Discussion of new diagnostics, treatments and clinical trials
- Collaboration with other specialists to help coordinate additional diagnostics and treatments such as surgery, radiation therapy and endoscopy.
At Golden Gate Veterinary Specialists, your pet’s well-being is our ultimate priority, and we’re here to provide the highest level of care and expertise for their health needs. Our commitment to excellence in canine and feline cancer care, encompassing cancer including lymphoma, osteosarcoma, hemangiosarcoma, sarcoma / soft tissue sarcoma, carcinoma, bladder cancer, liver cancer, lung cancer, skin cancer, melanoma and more. Trust us to guide your beloved companions toward a healthier, brighter future.