Veterinary Internal medicine
Coming to Golden Gate Veterinary Specialists in December, 2023!
Golden Gate Veterinary Specialists Introduces Veterinary Internal Medicine Services Starting December 1, 2023
SAN RAFAEL, August 9, 2023 – Golden Gate Veterinary Specialists is thrilled to announce the expansion of our services to include Veterinary Internal Medicine, effective from December 1, 2023. This addition underscores our commitment to offering comprehensive, specialized care for pets in the Bay Area.
Our veterinary internists are licensed veterinarians who have undergone rigorous residency training to understand the intricacies of your pet’s internal systems and to manage severe diseases that may affect them. Our specialists bring expertise in:
- Hematology (blood studies)
- Infectious Diseases
- Respiratory Diseases
While general veterinarians are equipped to address many health concerns, certain conditions necessitate the knowledge and skills of a specialist with intensive training in internal medicine. At Golden Gate Veterinary Specialists, our primary goal is to ensure that every pet receives the highest standard of care. Our veterinary internal medicine service offers a variety of advanced diagnostic and therapeutic procedures including:
- Imaging (ultrasound/sonogram, x-rays, CT scan)
- Laboratory tests (blood, urine, cultures, etc.)
- Fine needle aspiration and needle biopsy
- Endoscopy (colonoscopy, gastroduodenoscopy, esophagoscopy, cystoscopy, vaginoscopy, rhinoscopy, bronchoscopy and foreign body removal)
- Joint taps
- Bone marrow aspirates and biopsies
- Feeding tube placement
As a leading specialty veterinary service provider in the Bay Area, Golden Gate Veterinary Specialists remains dedicated to advancing the field and offering top-tier, specialized services for our beloved animal companions. Some of the most common diseases treated within veterinary internal medicine include:
- Diabetes mellitus
- Thyroid disorders
- Addison’s disease and Cushing’s disease
- Infectious disease – e.g. tick-borne and fungal disease
- Hematological (blood) diseases – such as anemia or thrombocytopenia
- Immune mediated diseases
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Liver diseases including hepatitis
- Gallbladder and pancreatic diseases
- Acute or chronic kidney failure
- Urinary incontinence and urinary tract infections
- Unexplained fever, weight loss, loss of appetite, vomiting or diarrhea
For more information, please contact our office at 415-726-2458.
Golden Gate Veterinary Specialists is a premier veterinary service provider in the Bay Area, committed to offering advanced care and treatments for pets. With a team of dedicated professionals and state-of-the-art facilities, we ensure that animals receive the best possible care.